Roasted green beans are the perfect vegetable side dish. They are roasted in olive oil, salt, and pepper on high heat for a crispy, but charred green bean.
Easy Roasted Green Beans
Sometimes there is no time to whip up an elaborate side dish for dinner or during the holiday season. These roasted green beans are tossed with a few ingredients and perfectly roasted for an easy side dish.
Why you’ll love it!
Reasons why you’ll love it.
These green beans are brightened up with fresh lemon juice.
There are no mushy green beans here. They are roasted on high heat for a short amount of time so the outside cooks and the inside stays crispy.
They are a great meal prep vegetable for the week.
- Fresh green beans: be sure you use fresh green beans for this recipe. Trim the ends and toss out any mushy beans.
- Olive oil: the flavor of the olive oil adds to this recipe, try your best to use quality olive oil.
- Salt + pepper: salt and pepper enhance the flavor of the green beans.
- Lemon juice: after the beans are roasted they are tossed with lemon juice to brighten them up.
This is the best Thanksgiving turkey recipe out there. Roast your turkey, make a homemade gravy, and you are all set.
- Trim the beans: prepare the beans by tossing out mushy beans and trimming the ends.
- Season the beans: spread the green beans out onto a baking sheet. Drizzle the beans with olive oil and toss. Season the green beans with salt and pepper and toss again.
- Roast the beans: Bake the green beans at 400ºF for 15 minutes, toss, and bake for another 5-10 minutes or until the green beans begin to brown. The time here may vary depending on the size of your green beans. You want the green beans to avoid becoming brown and wrinkly.
- Toss with lemon juice: Remove the green beans from the oven and toss with fresh lemon juice and serve.
Don’t over-roast the beans. the key to roasted beans is to roast them on high heat and not for too long. Every oven is different so be sure to check them throughout the bake time.
Make them spicy. If you want to add a bit of spice to your beans toss them with some red pepper flakes for some heat.
Add some cheese. We love to add a bit of crumbled feta cheese or grated parmesan to add a salty and creamy bite.
You do not have to blanch green beans for this roasted green beans recipe.
Store these green beans in an air-tight container when they are completely cooled.
Tips & Notes
- Jazz up this recipe by adding a few tablespoons of feta to the roasted green beans.
Calories: 55kcal Carbohydrates: 5g Protein: 1g Fat: 4g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 2g