What is Fit Foodie Cooking Club?
The Fit Foodie Cooking Club is a monthly cooking challenge to get you in the kitchen cooking from scratch!
We thought there was no better way to bring our virtual community together than to all make the same recipe each month to celebrate real food.
April 2023 – The Details
Read the below details VERY carefully as we want to make sure your entry counts! If you have questions, please leave them in the comments of this post.
Recipe of the Month: street corn pasta salad
This Mexican-inspired street corn salad recipe is a fusion of pasta salad and elote. Combined they make one wicked Mexican Street Corn Pasta Salad recipe that is seriously so good served at any party or gathering.
Why you’ll love it!
Serves a crowd
Easy to prepare
All About Street Corn Pasta Salad
Ingredients You’ll Need
- Pasta: the best kind of pasta salad noodles are shorter/bite-sized. Feel free to pick your favorite.
- Corn: Corn is the star of the show. We’ve made this with both frozen corn and fresh corn.
- Bell Pepper: any color bell pepper works.
- Greek yogurt: Greek yogurt is thick and creamy. Make sure to use plain Greek.
- Sour cream: sour cream adds a delicious tang to the sauce.
- Lime juice: citrus adds brightness to this salad.
- Red onion: just enough minced red onion is perfect in street corn pasta salad.
- Spices: spices needed for the sauce include chili powder, cumin, paprika, salt, and pepper.
Types of Corn You can Use
Frozen corn: frozen corn is definitely the easiest corn to use for this recipe.
Grilled corn: grilled corn on the cob is the most delicious, but most work. Honestly, it’s worth it if you have the time to use fresh corn!
Canned corn: don’t have frozen or fresh corn? Use canned corn. Just make sure to drain and rinse it.
Tools You’ll Need
A few tips
Add a protein: toss in any of your favorite cooked proteins to make this a complete meal.
Add more veggies/beans: got more veggies in your fridge? Try adding tomato, green onion, black beans, hominy, or jalapeño.
Switch up the noodle: don’t limit yourself to conchiglie noodles. Feel free to use what you have or what you love!
How to Enter
Now that you know how to make the recipe, it’s time to submit your creation!
- Go to the Street Corn Pasta Salad blog post.
- Make the recipe and snap a photo of it.
- Leave a comment on the Street Corn Pasta Salad blog post with a photo of your creation letting people know how it went. We’d love a star rating, but it’s not required. Make sure to leave your name and email in the comment form because this is how we’ll contact the winners!
join the fit foodie cooking club on facebook!
Join in on the Fit Foodie Facebook fun and become a member of our FREE Facebook Group. The Fit Foodie Cooking Club group on Facebook is a way to share your cooking creations and make new like-minded friends online.
Sunday, April 2, 2023 – the first day you are eligible to submit an entry.
Tuesday, April 25, 2023 – the last day to submit your photo and comment.
Wednesday, April 26, 2023 – the winners will be randomly selected and announced in this blog post and on social media.
2 participants will each win a $100 lululemon gift card. The selection will be random and based on comments that are received between April 2 and April 25, 2023.
Winners will be announced on the last Wednesday of the month (April 26, 2023) via social media and blog post.
Charity of the Month
Each month we select a different charity to support. This month we’re donating to the Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation because we believe that addiction is a disease that can be managed and overcome.
Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation is a force of healing and hope for individuals, families and communities affected by substance use and mental health conditions. As the nation’s foremost nonprofit provider of comprehensive behavioral health care, Hazelden Betty Ford leads the way in helping society rise above stigma and overcome addiction.
We would love for you to support our monthly charity and donate what you can.
If you feel so inclined, donate to the Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation here.