Eyes are one of the most beautiful and important aspects of your face and they need special care when you are applying makeup to your face. The problem is that many people are not well aware of the role of eye shape in choosing the right eye makeup. In reality, for the best eye makeup, you need to know exactly about your eye shape whether it is almond eye shape, hooded or any other.
There are mainly five eye shapes, which are:
Makeup for Almond Eye Shape
Now, the women who have almond-shaped eyes, they are in an advantageous position because they have the liberty to experiment with their makeup. Here are some useful tips that will help you to get the best makeup for almond eye shape:
Since your eye shape gives you the liberty to experiment, it also means that you need to be extra attentive to details. Thus, the first step for you would be that once you have prepared your eyes for makeup, you should start with primer so that your eye shadow can adhere well. For the eye shadow, you should choose one dark and one light shade, so that they can complement each other.
Eyelashes are also a very crucial part of your eyes so they also require proper attention and this would be the next step. You should maximize your lashes and should complement them with mascara.
Step 3 for Makeup for Almond Eye Shape:
The next step is about the best way to apply eye shadow to your eyes. You need to make use of a straight-edged brush so that you can apply in your top lash line, the darkest shade. At the outer corners, you can draw them diagonally to create a slight upturn. A delicate gradation of color on the outer corner can actually accentuate your eye.
Eyeliner is a crucial part of eye makeup and with proper technique; you can really come up with a style that flatters your eye shape. You need to use eyeliner pencils that are fine because if you use a thick one but you are not able to use it properly, the smudge might render you looking older. The lines of your eyeliner should extend beyond the outer corner of each eye and towards the end, should flip upwards.
Step 5 for Makeup for Almond Eye Shape:
Last but not least, liquid eyeliner can also provide a great look to your almond-shaped eye. It can give your eye a dramatic and dark look, which you can combine with the smoky eye look. All you need to do is to keep your hand steady, run a thin layer of the liner over your bottom lid and on the upper lid, running your hand from the inner crease to the outer side. Just pay attention to one fact that uses this in short strokes, resisting the temptations to go for longer ones, because even a slight mistake can ruin it all for you.
Tips to Follow When Applying Makeup for Almond Eye Shape
Applying the following tips to your makeup can make your almond eyes look even more flattering:
- While applying your eyeliner, create a thin line on the upper lid, slightly thickening it towards the outer edges. It will further emphasize the shape of your eye. Do not hesitate to add eyelids or mascara to make your eyes look bigger. Further, you can experiment by applying a thicker eyeliner in the middle of your lids to fake the appearance of round eyes.
- Always remember to curl your lashes. This one tip can make a massive difference to your overall eye makeup. Use a curler with a shallow arc and wide opening to cover all your lashes. Add a dash of mascara for wide sparkling eyes.
- Choose lighter tones for the eyeshadow as it blends nicely with the front of the crease while creating an intense shade on the outer edge. Deeper tones towards the back flaunt your almond eye shape even better.
- Grooming your brows can make your eyes pop. Make sure that you shape your brows correctly to complement your eyes. Go for a thinner outer arc to brighten up your eye shape.
- You can embrace and embellish the almond shape of your eyes with cat eye makeup. You can further accentuate your almond eye shape with a single-color bronzer eyeshadow around your lids.
- Looking for some drama or want to experiment with your looks? Add a bright shade of eyeshadow on your lower lash line. How about adding a lighter shade of eyeliner on the inner rim of your eye? It will make your eyes look bigger and brighter.
- Try the halo effect instead of a full-fledged smoky eye look with a darker shade towards the outer and inner corners and a lighter tone in the center of your lids.