I don’t know about you, but thoughts of heaven bring me great comfort!
I love the promise in Revelation 21:4: “He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away.”
On our Focus on the Family Broadcast “Finding Heaven: Knowing God and His Love,” we’re taking a unique look at the God of heaven – the Creator of the universe and the Light and Lover of our souls – with John Burke.
John and his wife Kathy are founders of Gateway Church, a multi-site church based in Austin, Texas. Over a 35-year period, John researched nearly 1,000 people across the globe who had a “near death experience.” The amazing stories he uncovered highlight an understanding of God’s unconditional love for all people – including you.
On our program, John explains ten points of evidence for near death experiences:
- Verifiable observations about unknowable earthly experiences.
- Common elements between unique experiences.
- Heightened lucidity.
- Experiences not explained by anesthesia or lack of oxygen to the brain.
- The blind, even from birth, often describe the same experiences as sighted people.
- Meeting deceased people not previously known.
- Knowledge beyond the body.
- Memory retention even while clinically dead.
- Most return with a greater interest in spirituality and questions about the purpose of life.
- People from different cultures, religious backgrounds, and belief systems encounter the same God of Light and Love.
John says, “How you and I imagine God matters because it influences us, for better or worse, more than anything else we think about. It shapes how we view ourselves, others, and our very purpose for existing.”
John’s book Imagine the God of Heaven: Near-Death Experiences, God’s Revelation, and the Love You’ve Always Wanted is available for a gift of any amount. That money goes right back into ministry, providing hope and help to families just like yours. Click here for more information or call 1-800-A-FAMILY (232-6459).
You may also be interested in a free online booklet we’ve written called, “Coming Home: An Invitation to Join God’s Family,” which explains what it means to have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.